Choose Exit Realty Professionals to Market Your Home
Choose Exit Realty Professionals to Market Your Home in Hampton Roads
Selling your home in Hampton Roads, Virginia, doesn't have to be a stressful ordeal. Choosing a Realtor® is your first step to ensuring that the investment you've made in your home pays off. Our services and experience allow you to focus on your move while we manage your home sale, from our initial consultation to the closing deal, and beyond. At Exit Realty, we pride ourselves on repeat business. When you list your Hampton Roads home with us, you'll come to understand why.
As your qualified Hampton Roads Realtors®, we will:
- Formulate a comprehensive plan detailing all of the efforts we employ to sell your home, including local media and Internet marketing solutions.
- Complete a market analysis comparing your home's value to your neighbors' property values.
- List your Hampton Roads home for sale, attracting as many qualified potential buyers as possible by giving your home maximum exposure.
- Help you generate curb appeal and stage your home, ensuring that you get the highest price possible.
- Assist you in obtaining offers and in negotiating the best deal for your real estate property.
- Help you find your next home and answer all of your questions about the local market area, including shopping, schools, conveniences, neighborhoods and the local economy.
Hampton Roads Listings
We'll take a look at recent comparable home sales to answer the most important question: What are homes selling for on your street?
Getting the Highest Price for Your Home
On the outside, curb appeal is key to a positive first impression. It creates the difference between potential buyers stopping to take a flyer, or driving by while shaking their heads. Here are a few tips to increase your home's curb appeal.
- Clean your home's exterior, from the windows and gutters to its walks and decks.
- Trim your bushes and cut back tree limbs close to walkways and roofing.
- Remove visible clutter, like toys, gardening tools and extra vehicles.
- Manicure your lawn with a fresh cut, edging and mulch.
- Remove all stray leaves and pine straw from your yard.
- Clear out all visible weeds and greenery growing between bricks, sidewalk panels and steps.
- Make sure your walkways and entrances are well lit.
- Power wash or paint your home's exterior for a fresh look.
- Don't ignore the back yard.
- Repair or replace any damaged fencing, shingles and accents.
On the inside, staging your home is important. Many potential homebuyers will stay in your home longer to look when it's staged appropriately. We have compiled some ideas to present your home in the most effective manner.
- Remove the clutter. Pack it up in storage or dispose of it entirely.
- Clear all of your countertop space of small appliances. Pull them out only when they're needed, then put them away in a cabinet for future use.
- Take down all of your personal photos, hobby collections and family mementos.
- Start sorting out items you don't need and donate them to charity or pre-pack them and put them in storage.
Closing Costs to Expect As a Seller
- Title insurance fees in Hampton Roads depend on the sales price of the home.
- The broker's commission varies from 5 to 7 percent.
- Fees for home inspections are typically paid for by the home seller. They include pest, lead and radon.
- Property transfer taxes for city and state, as well as state transfer taxes and state capital gains taxes are the charges that you'll pay for the privilege of selling your home. Credits toward the buyer of unpaid real estate taxes for the prior or current year are variable and depend on when you close and when your taxes are due.
- Miscellaneous costs may accrue when correcting issues that surface during the home inspection.
- FHA costs are fees now negotiable between an FHA seller and buyer.
- You may wish to assist the buyer with additional miscellaneous closing costs to encourage a swift sale.
The professionals at Exit Realty help people maximize the appearance and curb appeal of their homes for sale in Hampton Roads. Let us help you. Call our Kempsville office at 757-962-1284 or our Oceanfront office today at 757-425-6060.